Monday, October 14, 2013

Wet and Wild Drugstore Haul & Review

Left- right: Fergie Daily,Cherry on Top,Pink Perfection

Fergie Daily

Pink perfection, Cherry on top


Recently I made a trip to my local CVS and I always stop by the makeup section just see if there are any new items that have just launched.  I came across the Wet and Wild display because it was advertising Fergie's new line for the brand. I am not really a Fergie fan but, celebrity product endorsements always peak my interest.  She came out with many different products including liners, glosses, and lipsticks. None of the liners or glosses caught my eye but the lipsticks definitely did. I was attracted to a few of them but one in particular "Fergie Daily" really stuck out , it is such a gorgeous nude shade for everyday and I love it.  On top of being a great color the formulation is amazing, so smooth and creamy and I honestly didn't notice any bleeding throughout the day. It isn't one of those dead look type of nudes but one with beige/pink undertones which I think work great on everyone. The price was $3.99 which I think is a great value for a drugstore lipstick. 

Right below the Fergie products, Wet and Wild had a whole row of "Mega Last Liquid Lip Colors". I love long lasting lip glosses because I hate touching up throughout the day and for $2.99 I thought these were worth a try . My consensus on these are of mixed feelings, first off I love the shade "Cherry on Top" , it is a gorgeous deep cherry red color that I think goes great with my fair complexion, the other shade "Pink Perfection" was a bit disappointing because I saw it as a more pinky nude in the tube with hints of sparkle but once applied on the lips, the sparkles were more like chunks instead of hints and the color was a lot brighter than I expected. The formulation of these is really interesting, it definitely does what it says in terms of "lasting mega long" because these wont budge without makeup remover. But, once they have fully dried it almost feels like you have applied tar to your lips and the wet glossy look vanishes. This is a lot more noticeable with the "Pink Perfection" shade, you start to notice chunky glitter running all around your mouth. The product also begins to bunch in certain places on your lips with prolonged wear. So, if I had to choose one of these to repurchase it would have to be "Cherry on Top" because I think over a glossier lipstick like a MAC luster or cremesheen formulation this could work, but I'd forego "Pink Perfection" for sure. 



No comments:

Post a Comment